I recently had a friend tell me a story about her friend who just lost her husband and son in a canoeing accident. I could not stop thinking about that girl and what she must be going through. I can't even imagine what it would be like to lose my family so suddenly. My friend then told me how grateful she was that even though her family had just been through a trying time they were all okay. That really put things into perspective for me. The little things that seem so huge to me are nothing in comparison to what others are going through. And you know what's even crazier? Christ has been through it ALL. I'm reminded of a scripture in D&C where Joseph Smith asks the Lord how much longer he will have to endure the cruelties of men and in response the Lord answers.
D&C 122:7-8
7. And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee: if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.
8. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater the he?
I have to remember that my life is in God's hands and whatever he sees fit to throw my way I'll endure with the reminder that Christ is on my side and I am no greater than the King of Kings who endured more than I'll ever be able to imagine.
This scripture has helped me in a big way as I try to heal after my second miscarriage in three months. I don't know why I'm going through this trial but I do know that it is for my good. Perhaps I'll be better able to mourn with those that mourn and succor those who stand in need of succor. I'll understand better the pain that comes with anothers loss. I do know that I'm thankful to have the gospel in my life to put an eternal perspective on things. I'm so very grateful to have a wonderful husband who is always there for me and for my beautiful baby girl. My life is so full it sometimes feels silly to grieve over a loss when I have so much more than so many others.
Love your post ash! Sorry to hear that you have had the miscarriages though :( not an easy thing to go through! Keep trying and keep your head up because you are so blessed!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your uplifting post Ash. Even though our trials make us stronger, it doesn't mean they're any easier. This reminds me of a post I started a week or so ago that I haven't finished. I've had a lot of ppl weigh in on my "trials" of moving and other things, but all I can do is count my blessings. Your positive attitude, so quickly after, is inspiring. Even though you're an incredibly blessed person it's okay to be sad. That isn't a weakness, just humanity. I love you little sis!
ReplyDelete