Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Holy Moly, that guy has no braces! And 4th of July Fun....

After four long years Dave has finally gotten his braces off!  He's pretty excited to make an appearance at the corn festival and eat all kinds of corn on the cob.  Look at those pearly whites!

I was pretty excited for the 4th this year because I couldn't wait to see Isabel with the fireworks.  It was worth the wait.  She was adorable and not afraid, at all!  We had lot's of fun and she only burned her hand slightly on one of her sparklers.  Mother of the year award goes to....well not me.  

This post is obviously late like all my other posts but I just wanted to take a minute and express my gratitude for the meaning behind the Fourth of July.  I'm so very grateful that I have been blessed to live in this country.  I'm incredibly grateful that I have the freedom to choose how I raise my children and how I live my life.  I read things about the terrible violence and hunger that abounds elsewhere in the world and it makes me realize just how blessed I am.

I don't have to worry about my child dying from malaria because I don't have access to a simple mosquito net.  Or contracting a waterborne illness because I can't provide clean water.  As I watch my children bathe in a tub full of clean water or refuse to eat delicious healthy food I'm forever grateful that they will never know the hardships that so many face.  I will strive to make sure that they are always aware of just how blessed we are to live in this beautiful country.

Happy Birthday, America!













1 comment:

  1. I noticed Dave's smile but wasn't sure if he'd had them on the last time I saw him so I didn't say anything. :) Looks nice.

    Sparklers are dangerous, but they are a fun part of childhood. Who are we to deny our children of fun?!

    ReplyDelete