Monday, August 2, 2010

Monopolizing Emotions

So I've constantly read about the emotional ups and downs of pregnancy but dismissed them with the thought that I would be one of the lucky ones who didn't have to cope with pregnancy craziness.  Man, I was wrong!  I just didn't realize that the pregnancy craziness hadn't quite set in yet.  The past few days I have been a mess. :)  I cry for no apparent reason, make a huge deal out of nothing, and feel like some crazy lady has taken over my mind.  Poor Dave, he's such a good guy and works really hard to be sympathetic but I swear (and this could just be due to the crazy emotions) I see him thinking, "who are you and what have you done with my wife".  He really doesn't do or say anything that should upset me but I still find myself getting mad over nothing. (and then crying hysterically when he tries to talk to me about what is bothering me)

So, if I freak out on you or start crying for no good reason please just calmly tell me that you'll talk with me again once the crazy pregnant lady is in check.

On a side note, the constant nausea is in check, yay!  I am in between regular clothes and maternity clothes but received a belly band as a gift from my mother in law, she's such a sweet heart.  So I wear my pants unbuttoned with an elastic keeping them up and the belly band does wonders to hide it, it's great.

2 comments:

  1. once, when i was pregnant with Oakley I told lee to get me some taco time and i had a very specific order. He brought home the wrong order and I lost it! I cried hysterically and was soooo mad. i had to call my mom to calm down. Your not alone. ps. im typing one handed so forgive my lack of capitalization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha, welcome to crazy pregnancy land, population YOU! (oh, and every other woman that has ever been pregnant) The worst part is that you hear yourself, wish you could stop, but just can't. Thankfully our wonderful husbands are so grateful for our sacrifice of bearing their children that they realize it's only nine months and deal with it. Enjoy the 2nd trimester energy to make it up to him. ;-) (with cooking of course)

    Call me if you're ever having a tough time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete