This past week my parents "moved" into their second home in Windsor, just ten minutes away! Which basically consisted of buying a new mattress set and borrowing a whole bunch of ugly looking crap from us kids. :) The same weekend my sister, Liz, and her family were moving to Mississippi and were able to stay for Easter. It was a blast! Isabel even skipped both her naps on Saturday (agggghhhhh). It was a little rough to readjust after all the crazy cousin fun but it was oh so worth it! Family is crazy, and irritating, and stressful but most of all wonderful. No one knows you like your family and it's so fun to just be able to me myself and not worry that someone caught a glimpse of my gut, or thought my butt looked big, or thought maybe my comments were annoying. (I'm sure someone at some point thought all these things, but I don't care because family is required to love me anyway)
I loved getting to watch Isabel play with her cousins and run around screaming with little Adam. I loved watching her run up to the other kids to hug and kiss them; it was adorable. It was so fun to have my parents here too. Something to look forward to when the retire in a year or so. I'm excited to get to go shopping with my Momma and hang out when I'm bored. I'm excited that she'll be so darn close! So many good things to look forward to. And, someday when I'm a little more "seasoned" I'll hopefully have a big house of my own where my zillion kids and grandkids can all come play. That's my version of heaven right there.
Unfortunately I am inept and remembering to snap pictures so I don't have any of my own to share of this weekend. But I thought I'd share this picture instead. Isabel woke up from her nap SUPER sweaty and her hair was crazy! Also, she loves to make giant messes when she eats.
Such a great weekend. I'm guessing my family was part of the "wonderful", and not the "crazy, and irritating, and stressful." ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you!