Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Garden Project

This year I took over the gardening duties.  I wanted something that Isabel and I could do together outside.  Plus? I think it's totally awesome to be able to grow our own food!  Dave put in a few extra garden beds and has let me plan out the whole thing.  I planted some seeds right in the garden beds without starting them first and was a little nervous that nothing would grow.  But, to my delight my little seedlings popped through the soil today.

 My strawberries are just starting to get ripe and I can't wait until they are ready to eat!



 Above is a picture of all we have going on this year.  Tomatoes, peas, lettuce, watermelon, squash, zucchini, cucumber, peppers, basil, cilantro, mint, strawberries and lavender.

Dave also built me some composting bins, so excited to be able to make my very own soil amendments from stuff that would usually get thrown into a yard waste bin!  We're very resourceful around here. ;)

So far, Isabel has been very helpful with the watering.  She loves to play and splash in the garden beds immediately following my irrigation pools.  Seriously though, she's been so good.  She plays around in the back yard and keeps herself busy while I'm getting my chores done.  We really enjoy our time together outside.  Back yards are the best!

On another note, I bought Isabel a potty.  Wishful thinking I suppose.  She loves to sit on it...as long as her diaper is on.  Otherwise she is terrified and I think maybe she's thinking, woman I'm too dang little to pee pee pee in the potty, and your incessant cheering is not helping either.


1 comment:

  1. That is a good looking garden! I think it's good to have a potty for them to see. It prepares them for when it's "GO time!". Adam uses his once or twice a day even though I'm not actively potty training yet.

    ReplyDelete