1. Talking babies. Isabel has gotten to the age where she tries to say everything that you say. It's the cutest thing ever. Just this morning she learned how to say wolf. Probably my favorite word of her is, "turtle".
2. I taught Isabel how to say, "No, No" and shake her finger at an object that has hurt her in an effort to distract her enough to stop crying. So, now I catch her sternly scolding things like her toys, or the wall that she just ran into and sometimes even her Daddy that tickles her too much. I love it.
3. Lady bugs. I'm growing a garden and the thing that drives me bananas is to find it overrun by aphids. They're impossible to get rid of, especially when you're growing organic. But then? I read that ladybugs eat aphids. So, I went to my local nursery and picked up 2,000 ladybugs for $10 and released them in my garden last night. Not only do I love to find a solution without chemicals but I'm kind of a tree hugger when it comes to saving things, like ladybugs. So I get to get rid of bad bugs and help feed good ones. Who needs harmful chemicals when nature has everything already thought out? Love the lady bugs.
4. Isabel loves her Daddy and he loves her. I thought I loved my husband when we got married. I didn't think I could love him any more than I already did. Then we had a baby and as I've watched him nurture her my love for him has grown into something I never thought possible. I'm so filled with joy when Daddy comes home and Isabel rushes over to him with her little hands in the air asking him to hold her. I love to watch her snuggle with him at night and hear her asking for Da Da when she wakes up from her naps. I don't know how I could want anything more than this sweet little family I have been blessed with.
4. Starburst candies. Need I say more?
What are some of the joys in your home?
A daughter-in-law like YOU!
ReplyDeleteChuckling as we watching our doggie - Molly.
Life is all about the "little joys." Great post. I want to listen to more of her words and scolding her stuffed animals. I can't wait until she'll talk to me on the phone.
ReplyDeleteNow that you aren't on Facebook I want to see weekly posts, even if it's just pictures. (never mind how rarely I post) ;)