Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tiny Town

I love stay-cations.  You know, where you take a vacation from work but you stay at home and explore the world that is close around you?  Why pay to stay in a hotel away from all the stuff that you need?  Especially with two (LITTLE) kids.  Okay, yeah I'm a bit of a home body and I'm sure it has a tendency to drive my hubby nuts because often his vacation time comes around and it gets all filled up with his honey do list.  But a few months back we tried to get out and explore what was near to us.  Dave found a cute little place about an hour away called Tiny Town.  It was filled with little houses for kids to look at and some even big enough to get in.  Isabel loved it.  The weather turned on us while we were there so it was a little cold and rainy but we still had a blast.

They had a really cute train there which we rode a couple of times.  Isabel even got to ride in the caboose all by herself!  She's such a big girl!



By the time we left Isabel was super tired.  This is her getting to sleep before we even put the car in drive.  :)


If looks could kill.  Alison was not too happy of a camper.  I could not get her to calm down and then we got stuck on the train and I'm sure the people around me were just thinking what a terrible mother I was to inflict my screaming baby on them.  Then Dave turned the camera to face me and at the time I was thinking that I was going to grab the phone from him and throw it into the stream we were about to cross over.  I never really realized just how awful my glare can be until I saw this video.  Poor Dave.  :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment